Saturday, May 25, 2013

Someday society will realize how important teachers are...

I've always believed that this profession is not for the faint of heart.  It's not for those that can't, nor for those who think it's extra time off.  It's a calling.  It requires compassion, dedication, and courage.

In the news yesterday there were stories of teachers shielding children with their own bodies while reassuring them that it would be ok. Today there was a story of child care workers and classroom teachers that held cars up off of the children entrusted to their care and it brought me to tears.  

During my last post I mentioned that the teacher sites were organizing fundraisers for those in Oklahoma.  I just checked in with TN and they've raised over $53,000.  I bought the file that I also contributed to and it may take weeks to go through all the files that I got in my download. You can donate one of 4 amounts.  How amazing!  I also checked in on the bundles at TpT.  There are 4 available...2 for k-2 and 2 for 3-6.  I'm blown away by the way so many teachers have come together to support this region that has lost so much.  


Bundle I ~3-6
There are 3 other bundles that you can also purchase.


0 comments:

Post a Comment