Friday, March 29, 2013

The Home Stretch

So I've been absent a while...again...I know.

Here is what I've been up to since I posted last...


1) Learning how to do Science Modeling...it's not just modeling...it's inquiry.  It's amazing, but absolutely taxing.  The class is every Thursday with weekly reflections and assignments.  Here's an entire unit I found on using modeling when teaching the human body.  I need to implement a modeling lesson this last quarter when I'm teaching health.  It's an entire unit!

2) Learning how to run a PBL...Through the Project Wet, I've been to 4 of a 6 day workshop to teach me how to plan and implement Project Based Learning in my classroom.  I learned a lot, received a ton of materials including this book...
and 5 others from Project Wet.




3) Science Fair...27 of my students' projects needed to prepare for our district science fair and 14 for the upcoming state fair.


4) Oh yeah...there was the state SciTech festival that I both volunteered at and attended.  This was from a night at ASU.

5) Assessment Writing...What on Earth was I thinking??  I'm helping out our district as they update the science benchmarks so that they fall in line with CCSS.  All must be DOK levels 2 or 3 and I have another check in this week.  I only have 20 more to write before Wednesday.

There is more, but I've procrastinated enough...back to writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment