Monday, January 7, 2013

More PD anyone?

Today I presented classifying terms as a strategy for teaching academic vocabulary.  I wrote briefly about this technique in my post on the Core Six.  The more I work with this concept, the more I love it. Teachers are capable of making this as rigorous as they want, it's easy to differentiate, and it can be used cross curricular (Common Core.)

Here's the brief overview and activity that I presented to the science department this morning.  I purposely chose words that we had focused on during 1st semester and provided vague, general categories so that even the teachers would be forced to have conversations about them.  It's worth a look!


3 comments:

2peasandadog said...

I have created a Blog Log for Middle School Teachers. Click here if you might want to join or find out more info. http://www.2peasandadog.blogspot.ca/p/middle-school-blog-log.html
Happy Blogging

2peasandadog said...

Your blog looks like a great fit for my middle school blog log. Check it out when you get a chance.
http://www.2peasandadog.blogspot.ca/p/middle-school-blog-log.html

Caught in the Middle said...

Thanks for the invite 2peasandadog, but I don't have my button on a online file, only on my computer.

Post a Comment