Sunday, January 13, 2013

Design Squad Ideas?

I'm in need of a few more engineering ideas for my design squad club.  I work with my students for 2 years, so I can't do last year's topics and I only have 2 more ideas for the 4 spots I need to fill for the second half of the year.

So far this year we've done...

parachutes
bridges
tables
rovers

Last year, the teacher whose place I took did all of the easy suggestions from the website.  I have one project I designed in a class to use and then this month students are designing marble runs.  Students need to have a structure that will stand at least 2' tall, have a 180ยบ turn, a way to stop the marble.  The rest is up to them!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

How about a catapult or trebuchet?

Caught in the Middle said...

Great idea!

Kelly Dawson said...

Check makezine.com or instructables. LOADS of things to build. Also google hacker scouts.

Post a Comment