Sunday, December 2, 2012

JASON Project...Changed, but still a great resource

If you've been following my ramblings for any length of time, chances are that you have read about how much I L-O-V-E the JASON project.  Then, how it lost funding and was a pay site.  Well...as I was in search of fabulous resources today, I ran into some online activities that are still available and that tie directly into our current 7th grade study on rocks and minerals...YEAH!!!

The first place I found is called "Landform Detectives."  Students choose from several places from around the world and then the interactive simulation helps students learn about how that place was formed and how long it took.  I spent some time today looking at the Grand Canyon.



The second place I found was through Brain Pop called "Mastermines Lab".  Students can virtually experience testing and identifying unknown minerals.

Now, I'm not sure how long these links will be good for, since I tried to access them through JASON's main page and it requested that you register and pay.  But for the mean time...enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment