Sunday, October 14, 2012

More on the love of logic puzzles...

My 11 year old L-O-V-E-S logic puzzles.  She swears she will never be a teacher, and I hope for her that her calling is elsewhere, but this morning she wrote her own logic puzzle.  After a week of writing her own crosswords and word searches, she gave logic puzzles a go and did a great job for her first one.  I could tell by reading her clues that she had solved a fair share of puzzles on her own because writing them requires not only an understanding, but a higher level skill to create them.  She's given a copy to anyone who would take one, so I'm giving one to you too.

1 comments:

www.teachforteach.com said...

When I taught gifted and talented I use to teach logic grids every year. It was always one of my favorite things to teach. I too had my students create their own logic grids. The synthesis required to create a logic grid is a challenge for all students.

Post a Comment