Sunday, September 9, 2012

Looking for Adaptation Lab Ideas

Anyone?  Anyone?  I'm looking for something to do with students that involve adaptation with art.  I'm actually looking for a specific lab where students have a bird that they begin with and through rolling dice, certain attributes change.  The purpose is to show how quickly characteristics can change in populations.  I can't seem to find it anywhere and of course someone borrowed my 4th grade binder and never gave it back...grrrrrr!

I've found some fab games however, if anyone else is looking for activities on adaptation and natural selection.

Exploring Symbiosis
Rain Forest Birds: A Study in Adaptation
Sea Bird Survival
Project Wild Activities

And, the LIFE series narrated by Oprah Winfrey, has a breathtaking segment that addresses plant adaptations in the rainforest.  I swear it is the best video purchase, EVER!!!  No matter what life science concepts you cover, there is something that you can use.  There are shortened clips on YouTube if you want to try before you buy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment