Saturday, July 28, 2012

First Week...DONE!!

I'm sure most of you are weeks away from starting.  I on the other hand have been back at school for 2 1/2 weeks.  This one was the first with kids, and I'm exhausted.  I know I've been quite lax in my blogging lately because I've been so busy preparing for this new position.  Now that I have my first week under my belt, I can finally breath (and prepare for next week.)  I have to say I felt as lost as some of the 7th graders this week since I didn't know where anything was either!  This big of a change makes me feel like a first year teacher all over again. Thank goodness I have 15 years of classroom management and technique in my toolbox.  I already love working with the gifted population.  They are engaged and competitive, and I love to see how far I can push them.  They, on the other hand, love to show off how much they know.  I thought I'd share a couple of management items I've created in order to make my life more organized.  I'm working on more extensive packages for TN and TpT, but for now the kids are my number one priority and I need to pour all of my attention into making this a great experience in science for them!!

Graphics by Scrappin' Doodles (Love Them!!)
Lab Station Labels
Lab Station Jobs Sheet
Materials Check List
~New Room~
~Fire Code proved to be a pain~
24" from ceiling, 6" from an outlet
~It's a HUGE space!~


7 comments:

Janaye said...

2.5 weeks???!! Say whhhhaaaatttt??!! Congrats for finishing your first week! Your room looks great!

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

Mrs. Ross said...

I love your room. As a fellow science teacher, I have a question. I have the same black-topped lab tables. How do you clean them? I have found Chlorox wipes don't do the job. Magic erasers work well. What do you use? Thank you for your blog! Sam

Hodgesgal said...

congrats on completing your first week! (with kids that is)

can't wait to see what you are working on. I do hope you relax at some point though

Hodges Herald

Erin McCown said...

2.5 weeks?!?! WOW!! Congratulations and you're room is SO spacious!! I'm definitely jealous!

Shannon said...

You are a rockstar!! 2 1/2 weeks already? I'm panicking about us teachers having to go back in 2 weeks with kids in 3 weeks. I mean like REALLY panicking! :)

Your room looks great! Hope you had a restful weekend. Have a great week!

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Caught in the Middle said...

Yes!!!...week one is done. Starting over completely feels like being a brand new teacher. Thank goodness I can handle the management, but getting a feel for timing and amount to plan for in a 70 minute period is going to take some time. @Sam~I'm not sure how the lab tables have been cleaned in the past and since I have never had lab tables, I guess I'll learn. I know that there was a greasy substance on them from the summer. As I was climbing all over them to put up things in the classroom, I was wondering about that!

Alyssa said...

already back and I thought we started early. I was excited to find your blog because I dont' find many 7th and 8th grade teacher bloggers. Though in our school it is considered jr. high. Great to "meet" you! Love your owls!

Post a Comment