Sunday, May 20, 2012

Holy Dust, Batman!

I've spent the last 2 days going through and cleaning out my classroom.  I don't know how teachers who have been in a room 20 years stand it!  My classroom is normally clean, but I cannot stop sneezing from all the dust I stirred up.  6 years is too long not to go through everything you own and throw stuff away.  One of my helpers (child labor is a right of parenthood I've decided) went through every border and alphabet set I owned and organized them all!  Part way through she said, "Do you think you will need the farm border in junior high?"  Uhhhhhh...no.  Seriously.  I kept that from my days in primary...at least 10 years ago.

I do feel better now.  I lugged home my own personal stuff that I deemed acceptable to keep.  AND found a spot in all the garage cabinets to store all but a couple of tubs. My students are going to come in tomorrow and wonder what the heck happened.  7 days is all we have left, and we have a fun scale project and white wings to build.  Hopefully that will be enough to keep their attention and keep behavior issues to a minimum as I enter a whirlwind summer!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ugh, I feel your pain. The dust that accumulates in classrooms is the absolute worst!

Shannon said...

LOL! We started cleaning out the room today-only 4 more days left! Whew! I'm with you on the dust-I'm embarrassed about how I have let my room go this year! :)

It sure does feel good to purge though!

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

The Peanut Gallery said...

I totally understand! I had to move my classroom during the last two days of school, and wow...I couldn't believe what I had in my closets! Twenty-three years of "stuff" sure does accumulate. I really downsized...threw away stuff I haven't used in fifteen years. Yikes!

Post a Comment