Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thankful and Blessed

I cannot begin to count all of the things in life I am thankful for.  I'm not sure how I deserve to be this blessed, but I never forget to remember, especially this weekend, for my life.  My children are healthy, I have a roof over my head, I love what I do everyday, and I have an unbelievably supportive and loving family.  For all of these things, and more, I am grateful.

Each year I have the opportunity to show support for those that may be facing some struggles.  I am happy to do so and believe that it is my responsibility.  "To whom much is given, much is expected."  Our school is getting ready for the 2nd annual Relay for Life event.  Last year as one of our own began his battle with leukemia, the school and community came out in masses to support the family.  The school also committed to participate in the Relay for Life event.  I raised money and showed up in the middle of the night to walk with hundreds of others who also realize that "Cancer never sleeps." Here I am in my PJs remembering my grandparents.


This year I have in my room a cancer survivor, while in the other class is the student that began his fight last year.  My student has come through the ordeal with confidence and maturity far beyond his years.  He currently speaks to groups around the valley about Relay for Life. If you'd like to hear his story, you can see it here.

So, for my part this year, I am going to donate all the profits from my new "Fun Classroom Labels" product on my Teacher's Notebook site to Relay for Life.  It is a 37 page download of all kinds of classroom labels for $3. It's the least I can do to help raise money for those fighting and to give thanks for my family's health.  And just as I always do, my loyal readers, here's a sample for you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment