Monday, March 12, 2012

No good deed goes unpunished

I wasn't sure how to title this post.  My next post was supposed to be awarding blogs the Top 10, but I feel compelled to make this post and help out someone who has helped so many of us in creating teaching products to sell online.

Late last night I received an email from Denyse over at Scrappin' Doodles.  She has been contacted by the Seuss Enterprises that she is in violation of copyright for her cute Seussy art.  As a result, I have removed my freebies from my blog, my TpT site, and from Pinterest.  I've also removed other items that I have pinned that use those same graphics.  I know that the blogging community is large and interconnected, and I'm sure it would help Denyse out if we could pass along the information to others out there that may have our work with these graphics on it.  She does amazing work and has helped so many teachers, that I feel that she now needs our support.



Although I feel that the community's efforts are to help promote Dr. Seuss's birthday, I wouldn't want anyone in trouble because of copyright infringement.

1 comments:

Mrs. Poland said...

Ugh! The Dr. Who Shall Not Be Named police strike again. It is so sad to see them continue on in this manner.

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Post a Comment