Monday, March 26, 2012

Next Year Changes

My team sat down today to try to come to concensus about who will be teaching what next year.  I've said for at least 2 years now that I need something different.  I don't want to be stuck in a rut, not spending time like I once did, so today I did something that I never thought I'd do...

I gave up math.

My passion, something I desperately love to teach, I was willing to give up in order to have a little change in my life.  Next year, awaiting admin approval, I will be teaching science and history.  I love science and I found a few years ago that I actually love ancient civilizations too.  I feel that both of these areas encompass everything that I could teach during the day if I was self contained, but I get to spend next year teaching through investigation and story telling...the fun stuff.

Although I will miss math, I won't miss one bit the parents that expect miracles that I sometimes just can't deliver on.

Excited for the possibilities!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations! Sometimes a little change is all we need to rejuvenate us! It's always hard, but if you're happy about it then have a blast!

Tammy
Confessions of a Fourth Grade Teacher

Think, Wonder, & Teach said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about all the fun you will be having!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Kim said...

YAY! I'll meet you in Mesopotamia!
Here's some happy wishes that you are delighted with your new adventure...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Caught in the Middle said...

Thanks ladies! I'm am truly excited... Now if everything could just pan out as planned.

Shannon said...

Comment

Shannon said...

Do you like that "test" comment above?? :)

I am changing up next year as well. Currently I teach 2 classes of 6th graders-reading/language arts. Next year I will be teaching 2 classes of 5th graders and 2 classes of 6th graders-science. I'm super excited about the change and hope to get lots of great ideas from YOU!!

Shannon
http://www.6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com

Post a Comment