Monday, March 19, 2012

Big Idea Posters

I spent this rainy Monday trying to get a jump on next year.  We will be implementing Common Core and a new teacher evaluation system.  The evaluation system requires, among other things, that objective be written in kid friendly language and displayed.  I've spent the majority of the day putting together cards that I plan on laminating and putting magnets on to display on the white board.  This zip file provides a white copy, plus several different color backgrounds to pick from.  7th Grade Math CCSS posters. When the individual objectives are complete I will add them as well.  With the Common Core being copyrighted, I didn't feel comfortable making anything for profit, so if you teach 7th grade math, you are in luck.  The download will be close to 100 pages when I'm finished, and I don't mind at all sharing it with everyone.  It will at least make me feel as though my time has been worth it!  I'm having a really tough time with the statistic objectives right now.  Making all that math lingo kid friendly has my brain exhausted.  If you have any good suggestions on how to make 7.SP.3 and 4 friendly, I'd love to know.  I'm still not really pleased with how those strands are sounding.


I also found some time today to play with my version of photoshop.  I'm not very good at it, and it frustrates me to no end, but I made this for my store...


What I really need more than anything are some math manipulatives clip art.  That would make my life easier, to say the least.  I thought I'd try to make sketch some on my own and use photoshop.  Epic Fail!  I really need a protractor that's clear, so if any of you know someone who sells math clip art, let me know!

3 comments:

prantalos said...

Are there 8th grade posters soon to be available at all?!

Caught in the Middle said...

Since I'm teaching science this year, I have really had to focus on that instead of creating more math stuff. Check out the blog To the Square Inch. Kathleen Bee has always had so many great activities and now she's started to upload to TpT.

MissA522 said...

How do the "Big Ideas" line up with the Units of study/standards? Sorry, I'm just trying to match which standards go with which "Idea".

Post a Comment