Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tag, you're it!!

I just love these fun posts that help us get to know each other!  Kim, over at Joy in 6th, tagged me, and then Sarah tagged me from Teaching Tweens.  I'm playing along, but have had so much work this week that I'm not passing this one on (Next time... :)


Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
 



1. Seven years ago this week I was offered my dream job, Title I reading teacher, but life's unexpected events led me to leave my school and continue as a classroom teacher.  Today, I am a highly qualified middle school math and science teacher.  Who knew!!


2. I can't drink wine.  I can't.  I've tried, but it gives me reflux.


3. I moved every year in junior high.  Maybe that's why I enjoy teaching them.  I know how hard it can be for some.


4. I can sew.  I'm not terribly good at it, but I did make 4 poodle skirts on Saturday for my daughter's student council event this week.


5. I spend way too much time on Pinterest and playing Words with Friends.  


6.  I leave Arizona in the summers so that I don't melt.


7.  I have 3 other "failed" blogs.


8.  I have a habit of not finishing projects that I start.


9.  I do a load of laundry everyday when I get home so that I don't have a gazillion to do on the weekend.


10. I typically work at school at least one day on the weekend.


11. I'm "one of those" parents at my kids' school, but it's because I would do at least that much for someone else's child.


12.  I love to relax, but don't know how to do it without leaving the country!




My answers for Kim:


1.  What is your favorite Starbucks beverage (in case I'm in your neighborhood and I'm bringing you a treat!)? Iced vent, non fat, no whip, salted carmel mocha.

2.  Book, Nook, Kindle, iPad, book on CD, other?  iPad What is your favorite way to enjoy a new book? I'm still kinda partial to the old fashion book.  I love holding it, turning the pages, and feeling my accomplishment.


3.  If you weren't a teacher, what career would be your second choice? Socialite...just kidding.  I'm not sure.


4.  What is the first subject you plan for when you start your lesson plans for the upcoming day? Math
5.  If you have traveled, what is your favorite country to visit?  If you haven't had the opportunity (or if you have!) what country would you most like to visit? I've only been to Mexico.  I know, I'm sheltered, but I'd love to see the English countryside.
6.  Have you been a principal?  Would you ever want to be? No and No. I watched my mother do it, and my husband does it as well.  I love being in the classroom, and I've heard and seen too much about being in that position to ever want to do it.  And, it seems as if so many really good teachers leave the classroom to be principals.  I feel like we've got to keep the best with the kids.
7.  What dessert would you choose in a fancy restaurant? chocolate, and the restaurant doesn't have to be fancy!
8.  What's the most adventurous/daring/exciting thing you have ever done (that you can blog about!)? For someone who's afraid of heights, I've been parasailing.  I loved it!
9.  If you slept in "late" one morning, what time would it be? 9:00
10.  Do you still read magazines?  What's your favorite? Yep. People
11.  Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Sunrises.  I'm always awake to see them.
12.  What brings you JOY? Successful, happy kids



For Sarah:
1.  What's your favorite book to read over and over? Twilight series.  I just can't help it.
2. What time do you get up to go to school? 6:00
3. What's your favorite teaching gadget/supply you use daily? doc camera. It's a Godsend.  No more inky hands from using overhead markers
4. What's your best teacher memory? Sprinklers turned on in the middle my kids' concert.  OOPS!
5. What do you like on your Tombstone (or any kind of pizza)? Extra cheese
6. Where do you spend more time--blogging or pinning? :) Blogging
7. What do you like to do on the weekends? Laundry.  I know, exciting
8.  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? British countryside
9.  Favorite season? Fall
10. If you could invite anyone to your classroom to speak to your class, who would you invite? Steve Spangler...love his stuff!
11.  Favorite website? I have to pick one? um....pinterest, probably
12. Favorite time of day. after school!

2 comments:

Kim said...

YAY! Gold star for you! In fact, TWO gold stars!
Gotta ask: Inside concert or outside concert with sprinklers? Too funny!
Guess I should go find out who Steve Spangler is...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Caught in the Middle said...

Outside, spring concert...parents were seated on the lawn. :)

Post a Comment