Sunday, February 12, 2012

Math Wall Vocabulary

I've spent a great deal of time this weekend trying to create vocabulary cards for our math word wall.  The ones that I've found online are fabulous, but each set I find is lacking something that I need.  So I either put together a modge-podge of cards on the wall, or I create my own.  In the middle of taking a break, I found something on Pinterest that sparked my interest, and sure enough I found a site that has all of the vocabulary based on Common Core by grade level.  Yeah!  I couldn't believe it, one, and two I can't believe I didn't think to look around first.

This school district in Salt Lake City, Utah has activities, blank vocal cards, cards with the words, cards with words and a picture, and cards with the words, picture, and descriptions, templates, presentation materials, resources, and dual language resources.  If you are already working with common core, or headed in that direction, this is such a time saver.  Click here for their website!

Then, since I felt like I hit the jackpot, I headed over to their science page, and found even more resources.

Here are some other great resources for CCSS:

Common Core State Standards Mathematics
Teaching Channel ~Teachers in NY pilot showing implementation.
Suggested Reading Lists (by grade level and including texts for science, math, and history)
There's an App for that!
Dean Adventures

3 comments:

Mrs. Burke said...

What an awesome school district to provide this information. Thanks so much for the link. I love the cards. The picture in the PD slides makes me want to get these ready for this week. I think I'll start with my next concepts. Thanks again.

Mrs. Poland said...

OH! OH! OH! I am so excited that you found these! I have the app, love the app as it is an easy reference tool to make sure we are on track but it needs more. That district site is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Mrs. Poland @
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Missa said...

Thank you so much! This is wonderful!

Post a Comment