Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's Resolution Update

So in an attempt to keep up with my resolutions...here is my January update!  Thanks, Mor.



Personal Goal ~  Learn more about blogging.  I'd love to create my own designs and buttons and backgrounds, but I just don't know where and how to start.  I'd also love to be able to use Google docs better. (√)


I just updated my template last night, the freebies I've posted, have been on Google docs, and I've even purchased some clip art and backgrounds and posted items to TpT.  I'm also working on a 100th day for intermediate kiddos!


Professional Goal ~Stay organized.  It's not that I'm not organized, but on any given day I can't find the top of my desk.  If anyone ever questions me, I say that my job is to teach kids while they are in my classroom, not to organize everything while they watch.  Maybe what I need is more filing places for papers!! (√)


So far, so good.  I raided Target's dollar bin before going back to school and organized my shelves with cute and colorful magazine files (hides the gazillion teaching resources I have) that I labelled by subject and topic.  I also have some trays that students now put their work in.  Before, I'd just collect papers, paperclip them, and set them in a pile on my desk.  I've also been able to see my desk all week long!  This goal, unlike my personal one, will be ongoing since we are only one week into the quarter and there wasn't much work collected!

0 comments:

Post a Comment