Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Resolutions -Time to Link Up

So now that I'm back blogging and have 3 weeks worth of stuff to say, it looks like there might be the multiple blog posts again!  I love when I can do that. ;)  Over at Teacher's Treasure, Mor has promised to keep up on track with our 2012 resolutions.  I've never been one to make any, probably because I know I'll break them.  But, I'm willing to give it a try, especially since my 5th grader met all of her 2011 resolutions by June...show off! 

Personal

1.  Be a better friend.  It's not that I'm a bad friend, but my family always comes first, and then rest and relaxation, and then my job, and then...you get the idea.  This year I want to send birthday cards and set up dinners and make it a priority.

2.  Eat at home more.  I know how bad eating out is, but it seems that when time is an issue the drive thru is always easier.  I still make it a priority to eat it at the table with all the family together, but I know for my kids they deserve to have home cooked meals without all the preservatives, salt, chemicals, and fat.

3.  Use all of my massages from Massage Envy.  It happened before.  I can see it happening again.  I need to make time for me. :)

4.  Learn more about blogging.  I'd love to create my own designs and buttons and backgrounds, but I just don't know where and how to start.  I'd also love to be able to use Google docs better.


Professional

1.  Stay positive.  When you have taught as long as I have, and you see the amount of incompetency that I do, it makes it difficult.  This is part of the reason that I started blogging.  I LOVE what I do.  I knew I wanted to teach since I was in 3rd grade, so I need to find ways to stay motivated and creative.  The blogging community is full of teachers that are just like me.  They have passion about their careers and want to share.  This is what I need in my life!!

2.  Entertain new possibilities.  This is my sixth year of 6th grade.  I love this age, but know that change keeps people fresh.  I need to be willing to at least look into something new...7th graders maybe?

3.  Stay organized.  It's not that I'm not organized, but on any given day I can't find the top of my desk.  If anyone ever questions me, I say that my job is to teach kids while they are in my classroom, not to organize everything while they watch.  Maybe what I need is more filing places for papers!!

3 comments:

A Teacher's Treasure said...

Great Goals! Thanks for linking up!!!

Happy New Year!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Kate said...

I agree that I need to work on a lot of the same goals as you-- including use all my massage envy massages haha! Thanks for sharing!
Kate
http://tothesquareinch.wordpress.com

Shannon said...

Being organized is one of my resolutions, too!!! And staying caught up with grading papers!! I see other teachers leave empty handed each day almost right after the kids leave and I think-"How"????? :)

Happy New Year!!

Shannon
http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment