Friday, October 21, 2011

Science Fair Season

It's that time of year again!  It's Science Fair Season.  If you need some inspiration, the book I just linked will definitely make you feel empowered to lead kids to do amazing things in the science lab.  It literally brought tears to my eyes and reminded me how this time of year is truly important for our future scientists.  Although I always hope that students want to find out more about the labs we've done in class, they were so excited today when I broke out the idea books.  65 books lined the white board tray.  I could see some of them salivating waiting to hear the words "get started" fall from my mouth.  The questions that they were coming up with made me feel like I've done my job so far this year.  They were insightful, creative, and age appropriate.  I always hate the "I want to give plants milk, juice, and water to see which grows the most."  It makes my room smell and they already know the answer to their question.  This year I had some girls asking about the effects that an oil spill has on an aquatic plant's oxygen production.  They never cease to amaze me!


Here are the 20 Most Impressive Science Fair Projects of All Time!

Here are some awesome science fair idea sites online.
Science Buddies 
All Science Fair Projects
Science Fair Adventure
Discovery Education
Steve Spangler Science

0 comments:

Post a Comment