Sunday, October 16, 2011

The JASON Project

So I'm getting ready to go back to school tomorrow after a 2 week hiatus, aka Fall Break, and I have to say I'm really loving the FREE ONLINE curriculum put out by the JASON Project.  It is seriously everything I  could ever want in a textbook.  I can't post all of the ultra cool pages since you have to sign up and sign in to access them, but there are 10 interactive games/labs just for the energy unit.



Here are a couple pictures from the link.  There are also labs online...not just a here's an experiment to do...but full on labs with critical thinking questions.  There are animations, video clips, journaling ideas, and of course the digital textbook itself.  There are units for energy, force and motion, weather, geology, and ecology.  The "textbook" is downloadable into a pdf file and includes cross curricular links for other typical topics that middle school students study.

This is a picture from one of my favorite activities.  It asks students to describe the energy transformations that are happening in this picture.  Then students are asked to design and create one (Rube Goldberg machines) of their own.  So POWERFUL!


2 comments:

Mrs. Zrihen said...

Gave you a shout out on my post :)

Check it out

❤ Mor ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

The Scott Family said...

Found your site from a Teacher's Treasure! Love this!

Post a Comment